Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lunchbox Adventures: Update 1

To start this post, I just have to say how excited and invigorated I am right now with the possibilities that are all around me! I had a meeting about my book last night with a woman who was a Consumer Relations Manager at Barnes & Noble. It also doesn't hurt to mention that I currently work with her (its so good to have an "in").

We spent a few hours digging through the Children's section of a local Barnes & Noble, revisiting my inner-child past, and I began to actually see my name among the others! We pulled out books like The Giving Tree and Where the Wild Things Are--which by the way, they recently made a movie about that will be out this year (get excited!). I realized more and more how great Lunchbox Adventures is going to be.

It's still insane to me that I am writing in this blog about such a thing. I never in a million years could have seen myself writing a book, let alone a children's book. I've always had a unique imagination and have been super creative, but I only used that talent toward music. Now that I've had this idea and decided to run with it, its all I have been thinking about since then! I've talked to a lot of people who think that this is going to be amazing, so thank you to all of you who have been supportive of this.

Just a little bit of a background as to what I am up to at this point. Lunchbox Adventures is going to be directed to 7-12 year olds. Of course, younger readers could probably pick up a copy and follow along quite well. It will be a series of books, each one with a new adventure and packaging concept. I am going to have the book published on eco-friendly/recycled paper (because being green is awesome!). I am in the book proposal phase of the book, which is the step before getting hooked up with a literary agent, and then eventually a publisher. Click here if you'd like to see how the proposal breaks down. The meeting I had last night consisted of putting those pieces together. The woman I am working with is going to be contacting 2 literary agents from the area, and a local publisher who she has worked with in the past. Did I mention that she also helped Paula Dean get her first book in the Savannah Barnes & Noble? Super cool! So far, this has been the latest.

I will be posting another blog once the final copy of the book proposal is finished. A lot might change in the storyline until then, so I want to make it as current as possible. You can get a feel for it in my earlier post if you'd like. I can't wait to see this book on the shelves! Please comment if you'd like. Any words of wisdom/encouragement are welcome!



God is love,

Rev Run---haha, just kidding (you have to watch the show to get that)



PS. I own the rights to Lunchbox Adventures, so don't even get any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment